Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why I Dislike Personality Development

ArtistRunning3I became aware of the whole issue of personality development in my late teens. It was never anything that really mattered before that. Yes, I often did hear that I could do with improved manners, but nobody suggested an entire overhauling of the machinery. But in college it was suddenly something everyone was talking about. People read articles and books, watched programs, and attended lectures and classes on developing their personalities, believed them implicitly, and began behaving in rather bizarre ways. Hitherto normal human beings began sprouting, depending on their inclination, corporate or spiritual mannerisms and vocabulary. It was like they had undergone, not development, but a collective rinsing and the brain matter had all run out.

Read More…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails