Friday, April 19, 2013

Getting Fanatic About Time Management

Night Walk2

“Look, I'm not asking much,” my acquaintance said. “It'll only take you an hour or so. It's just time.”

I often get this. Usually from people who want something. Usually something I'm not too keen on doing. Not just because they don't want to pay for it, which is sometimes the case, but also because, 100% of the time, it doesn't interest me.

Yes, only time. That once gone is gone forever.

I wasn't always so conscious about the ephemeral nature of our existence, but, as old age approaches, I've become rather disinclined to wasting time myself and more so to allowing other people to waste mine. I've realized that if I don't value my own time, nobody else is going to. I've also realized that I don't have unlimited quantities of it, and that I do have a number of things, important and meaningful to me, that I need to be spending my equally limited energy on.

Read more….

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails