Monday, April 16, 2012

Illustration–Black Bear

 

BlackBear

I met this Himalayan Black Bear at the Darjeeling zoo. He was seated at the edge of his enclosure looking at the tourists in a very bored manner. I think he was tired of people coming to stare at him, and of being  there in the first place, enclosed, with nothing interesting to do. At least it wasn’t as bad – which is not saying much - as at the monkey enclosure – they had to put up with some really stupid humans jumping up and down outside the chain-link.

The more I consider it, the more I don’t like the idea of zoos.

Yes, I’ve heard the explanations about habitat loss and species preservation, but I just can’t bear (yes, pun) the idea of perpetual imprisonment.

See more animal illustrations at the Maysun In C website.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails