Friday, March 18, 2011

Malaria

17 March - Sonal1I did a blood check last week, and it came positive for three strains of malarial parasites - Plasmodium falciparum, Plasmodium ovale and Plasmodium vivax.

I had been wondering why I was feeling feverish and tired all the time. This explains it. I  can’t tolerate quinine, so I’m on a doxycycline course for the next ten days.

In the meantime,  I’ve been having an interesting time reading what malaria does to the red blood cells. Not nice at all. Oh no.

This is what I look like when I have malarial fever. The other day a neighbor told me I looked horrible. I’ve never understood why people think it is necessary to make these kind of remarks. They’re not soothing and they are certainly not cheering. And nowhere in my research does it say it’s a prettifying condition. ;-)

At least it hasn’t stopped me from working. That’s a good thing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails